Answered By: Debra Flewelling Last Updated: Aug 22, 2014 Views: 17
Students and employees of Douglas College may borrow books, journal articles and videos/DVDs from other libraries. Linked below is the page where you can find the request forms for books, articles, and media. Please submit only one request per form.
Due to budgetary limitations, the number of interlibrary loan requests processed for any one user may be restricted.
* Articles are normally filled within 7 - 10 days.
* Books are normally filled within 10 - 14 days.
- Check the Library Catalogue to make sure that the item you need is not already available at Douglas College. Items in the Douglas College library or required textbooks may not be borrowed through interlibrary loan. Requests are limited to materials in support of work or studies undertaken at the College.
- You will be contacted when the interlibrary loan is available for pick-up.
- In general, books must be returned within two weeks after our library receives them, however, a maximum of one renewal is allowed depending on the lending library's ILL policy. E-mail email@example.com for books and articles, firstname.lastname@example.org for media, or phone 604-527-5197 to see if your interlibrary loan can be renewed.
- Photocopies of periodical articles are yours to keep.
- In compliance with copyright legislation, no more than 10% of a book or journal may be photocopied.